Recipes + Trivia for Game Day
Game day is almost here. Did you know that Super Bowl is the second-largest U.S. food consumption day after Thanksgiving? Are you hosting a party or attending one? Score a (food) touchdown with a Cheese+Provisions Cheese+Salumi tray. Just give us a call or order online.
Looking for a way to entertain your guests before the big game? Here’s a fun Bronco’s Trivia Game. OR if that’s too close to the heart since our team isn’t in the game this year, here’s are some fun facts you can throw out as you chow down:
- Americans consume 325.5 million gallons of beer on Super Bowl Sunday, enough to fill an Olympic-sized pool almost 2,000 times. May we suggest a growler (or many) of Colorado craft beer. We’ll also eat 1.3 billion wings during the game (162.5.million pounds worth).
- No network footage exists of Super Bowl I. Apparently it was taped over for a soap opera.
- At every Super Bowl, two Lombardi trophies are present in the unfortunate event that one is accidentally destroyed in the celebrations.
- The name ‘Super Bowl’ came from AFL founder and Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt. He had jokingly referred to the proposed interleague championship as the “Super Bowl” after seeing his daughter playing with a toy called a Super Ball. The ball is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- Mike Ditka and Tom Flores are the only two men to win a Super Bowl both as a player and a coach.
More Fan Food
Some Cheese- (and not Cheese) Inspired Recipes
Need something hot to go along with your cheese+salumi tray? Here are some cheese-inspired recipes to round out your menu
- Limoncello Chicken Wings (It’s not Super Bowl without these at our house)
- Pull-Apart Cheese Bread (Crowd Fave)
- Blooming Brie Bowl (Who needs onions?)
- Aged Cheddar and Pilsner Fondue
- Slow-Cooker Parmesan-Garlic Chicken Wings
- White Bean Flatbreads with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Fig Toasties – we have amazing fig jam in stock!
- Cider Cheese Soup Shooters (Personal fondue bites in pretzel bun bowls)
- Buffalo Wing Popcorn (Because Kim loves popcorn)