We love the annual Good Food Awards competition because it celebrates what we think food should be: tasty, authentic and responsibly produced. Like us, they celebrate people who make food that is delicious, respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural traditions.
We know how hard it is to start a small food business and we love that there is an organization out there who are shining a spotlight on these food entrepreneurs.
This year’s awards gala was held last week in San Francisco. Awards were given in 13 categories for things like beer, cheese, chocolate, preserves, pickles and more. One award was given for each of the five regions of the U.S. in each category.
We’re excited that some great Colorado companies were among the winners.
- Avalanche Cheese Company, Pork and Goat Finocchiona
- Avalanche Cheese Company, Hand Bandaged Cheddar
- Big B’s Hard Cider, Pear Supply & Orchard Original
- JJ’s Sweets Cocomels, Palm Sugar Cocomel
- Bee Squared Apiaries, Rose Honey
- Decadence Gourmet, Colorado-Style Southern Chow Chow
- Modern Gingham Preserves, Raspberry Violet
- Marble Distilling Co., Moonlight Expresso
We are also excited that in addition to carrying some of those great Colorado products, we also have some of the winners from other areas of the country in stock.
- Cowgirl Creamery, Red Hawk, California
- Farms for City Kids, Tarentaise & Ashbrook, Vermont
- Rogue Creamery, Flora Nelle & Rogue River Blue, Oregon
- Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate, 70% Bolivia, Alto Beni, California
- Ritual Chocolate, Mid Mountain Blend & Belize 75%, Utah
- One Culture Foods, Sweet Savory Spicy, New York
We invite you to stop by the store and taste some of these award winning products for yourself.